Court reservations are on the hour. Reservations may be made only one day in advance -contact GMRC at 541-595-1285. Limit of two hours of play/household/day.
|Glaze Meadow Family Rec Area Pickleball Courts #1-4
||GMRC Pickleball Courts #5-12
UGM Courts #12-13 (located on Triflorium); striped for pickleball & tennis use. Please limit play to 1 hour if others are waiting.
Watch the progress as these courts were built in 2021 (Photo credits: BBR Homeowner Dr. William Benson)
Pickleball Club & Drop-in Play
GMRC Courts # 5-12
BBR Pickleball Club | Tues/Thurs/Sat | 9am-11am
Drop in Play | Mon/Wed/Fri | 8am-10am
Club Play Tu, Th, Sat | 10am-12pm
Drop-In Play (No Host) Mon, Wed, Fri | 10am-12pm
This year the Central Oregon Pickleball Summer League begins and Black Butte Ranch has been invited to join the league. The league is made up of advanced women players at 4.0 level.
Central Oregon League Participants
- Eagle Crest
- Widgi Creek
- La Pine
- Bend Pickleball Club
- Broken Top
Black Butte Ranch Aspen Aces
Our Black Butte Ranch homeowner team is called the ‘Aspen Aces’, members from the Ranch are:
Black Butte Ranch – League Captain: Louise Muscato GM63 541-760-1933
Black Butte Ranch League Co-Captain: Beth Erickson EM41
Black Butte Ranch League Member: Nancy Hennin SH36
All home matches will be at the new Glaze Meadow Pickleball Courts #5-12. Stop on by and root our Black Butte players on.
June 1 | 1-3pm | BBR vs. LaPine (Home)
June 15 | 1-3pm | BBR vs. Widgi Creek (Home)
June 29 | 1-3pm | BBR vs. Eagle Crest (Home)
July 13 | 1-3pm | BBR vs. Broken Top (Home)
August 10 | 1-3pm | BBR vs. Bend Pickleball Club (Home)
$8 for a one-hour rental from the GMRC Recreation Desk. Includes one racket and a few balls.
BB Pickleball FAQs
Call the Tennis & Pickleball line at 541-595-1285 for additional information.
How many pickleball courts are on Black Butte Ranch (BBR) and where are the courts located?
- Courts 1-4 are located at the Glaze Meadow Family Recreation Area
- Courts 5-12 are located at the Glaze Meadow Recreation Center (GMRC)
- Upper Glaze Meadow pool area has 2 tennis courts with pickleball lines; tennis nets are used; these courts are non-reservation
How do I reserve a pickleball court for play?
- Walk-in and reserve at GMRC Desk or call (541) 595-1285
Is there equipment I can rent to play pickleball?
- Paddles and balls are available to rent at the GMRC, (541) 595-1285. Pickleball clothing and equipment are for sale in the GMRC Sports Shop.
What is Drop-In Play?
- Drop-In Play is a set time for homeowners, family members, and guests to meet others to form teams or matches with other players. It is a great way to meet other players and enjoy a fun or challenging match. Contact GMRC 541-595-1285 for times for drop-in play
After I show up for Drop-In Play, how will I know what to do?
- At each session of Drop-In Play a host will help players get organized and get play started. Balls will be provided. Players must provide their own paddles or rent paddles from the GMRC.
What is the Black Butte Ranch Pickleball Club?
- The purpose of the Club is to grow the game of Pickleball for all ages, levels, and The Club creates an environment that promotes health, social interaction, good sportsmanship, and fun. Skill and mentoring programs are continually offered to enhance organized recreational, and competitive play. The Club consists of many passionate pickleball homeowners, (full time and part-time) and their family members. The current 100 Club members range in skill level from beginners to advanced players.
- Any homeowner or homeowner family member is eligible to join the Club by simply emailing their contact information: first and last name, email address, phone number and lot number to Brody@gmail.com
Is there someone available who can help me improve my skills?
- The Black Butte Ranch Tennis and Pickleball Instructor is Evan Sims and Pickleball Instructor Dayton Mason. To schedule a pickleball lesson or sign up for his special events, call GMRC (541) 595-1285, or stop by the desk and speak to the assistant.
I’ve seen a pickleball practice machine on the court, how can I have access to it.
- A pickleball practice machine has been purchased by the Pickleball Club through donations and is available to only Club Members, for use during Club playing times and by reservation.
|Pickleball Courts 1-4 at the
Glaze Meadow Family Rec Area
||Pickleball Courts 5-12 at the
Glaze Meadow Recreation Center (GMRC)