Black Butte Ranch Reservation Policies
Please review the following reservation policies and let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable. Please call the Welcome Center at 541-595-1252 with your questions.
Vacation Rental Details
- The Ranch Access and Community Recreation Fee is 12% of the nightly rate. For non-Black Butte Ranch managed vacation homes (rates are subject to change). These access fees help to offset some of the costs associated with maintaining Ranch facilities.
- Vacation Rental rates are subject to 8% Deschutes County room tax and an additional 1.8% Oregon state tax.
- Rates are per night; minimum night stays may apply.
- During our high season* we require a four-night minimum stay when staying over a Friday or Saturday in a full service accommodation.
- Cleaning fees apply to the duration of the stay unless otherwise noted and are subject to the 8% Deschutes County tax
- Upon check-in, BBR Corporation authorizes $300.00 for Ranch charging privileges and/or damages. BBR Corporation strongly encourages the use of credit cards for the authorization, rather than debit cards.
- Full service accommodations are those cabins, homes and condos that include a kitchen (Excludes Lodge Rooms).
- The Ranch offers some pet-friendly vacation rentals. If the home is listed as pet friendly, the home allows up to 2 dogs with a pet fee of $60 per pet ($64.80 with tax). If a unit is not listed as “pet friendly,” then pets are not permitted in that home, including on the property and service animals due to allergies. Whether a home is pet-friendly or not is at the sole discretion of each homeowner. Cleaning fees for dogs found in non-pet-friendly accommodations are subject to a deep clean charge that starts at $200, but could exceed $3,000 for hypoallergenic cleans.
- All vacation rentals are smoke-free. This includes recreational and medical marijuana.
- All vacation rentals are privately owned. ADA certified properties are not available on site. We do have recommendations of homes that are more accessible for handicapped guests.
- Regular check-in time starts at 4pm. While we do our best to accommodate requests for early check-ins, we are unable to guarantee that homes will be ready prior to the 4pm check-in time. Early check-ins are not available during peak business times. You are always welcome to arrive early the day of arrival to begin enjoying the facilities. The front desk will take your phone number and call you when your accommodation is ready.
- Checkout time is 11am. Late checkouts are based on availability, and are not available during peak business times. Please call the Welcome Center on the day of your departure and, if possible, we will arrange for a later checkout.
- Unauthorized late checkouts will be billed for an additional night.
- Rates and home descriptions are subject to change without notice.
Cancellation & Change Policy for Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals cancelled 60+ days from arrival: $50 processing fee
Vacation Rentals cancelled 59-31 days from arrival: 100% of the lodging deposit is non-refundable (less the cleaning fee and taxes)
Vacation Rentals cancelled less than 30 days from arrival: 100% of the lodging total is non-refundable (less the cleaning fee and taxes)
Early Departures and No Shows: No Refunds
All changes made to the reservation are subject to a $50 processing fee.
Housekeeping is provided prior to your arrival. Full service accommodations allow you to do your own laundry. Service during your stay can be requested.
Rules & Regulations
BBR Rules & Regs Overview
Check out Procedures
- Checkout time is 11am
- There are no late check-outs available June-September. Any unauthorized late check-outs will be charged an additional $250.
- Keys/Proxy Cards: Please return the gate access card as well as any keys to the Welcome Center in the overnight drop box at the drive through. Unreturned keys will be charged a $50 fee each.
- Towels: Please leave all towels in the bathtub
- Trash/Recycling: Please have all trash in trash cans. Please put recycling in a separate bag next to the trash.
- Dishes: Please put all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start it. If any kitchen items may have been inadvertently taken from the home, please return them.
- Personal items: Double check all drawers and closets for all personal items.
- Lights: Turn off all lights and appliances.
- Windows and Doors: Close all windows and lock doors upon departing.
- For overflow trash pickup, propane refill, additional firewood or extra towels, please contact the Welcome Center at 541-595-1252.
All holiday weekends, last two weeks of March, the Thursday before Memorial Day-Labor Day, weekends through September, Thanksgiving week, and December 26th-January 1st. These peak dates are subject to change and can also include dates for local events throughout the year.
EBikes & EVs
- We are pleased to offer complimentary Tesla charging at the Lakeside parking lot. Please bring an adapter if necessary for your vehicle or plan on charging in Sisters. Charging at any lodging is not allowed.
- The Ranch is happy to allow E-bikes! All E-bikes must register their vehicle at Glaze Meadow Recreation Center and follow all speed limits and stay on designated bike paths only.