“NO THREAT TO THE RANCH”
There is currently no emergency threatening Black Butte Ranch.
- The area surrounding Black Butte Ranch is OPEN!
- Deschutes National Forest Closure Details: https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/deschutes/alerts-notices
- Sisters Ranger District 541-549-7700
- Check TripCheck before you go
You will be among the first to know the latest emergency updates. Be sure to use your Black Butte Ranch physical address, and include local and cell phone numbers.
2. Deschutes County Text Alerts.
SIGN UP for Deschutes County emergency text alerts here.
Call Deschutes County Sheriff’s office at 541-693-6911 with evacuation questions.
Deschutes County Evacuation Levels
LEVEL 1 BE READY
LEVEL 1: means “BE READY” for potential evacuation. Residents should be aware of the danger that exists in their area, monitor emergency services websites and local media outlets for information. This is the time for preparation and precautionary movements of persons with special needs, mobile property and (under certain circumstances) pets and livestock. If conditions worsen, emergency services personnel may contact you via an emergency notification system.
LEVEL 2 GET SET
LEVEL 2: “GET SET” to evacuate. You must prepare to leave at a moment’s notice. This level indicates there is significant danger to your area, and residents should either voluntary relocate to a shelter or with family and friends outside of the affected area, or if choosing to remain, to be ready to evacuate at a moment’s notice. Residents MAY have time to gather necessary items, but doing so is at their own risk. This may be the only notice you receive. Emergency services cannot guarantee that they will be able to notify you if conditions rapidly deteriorate. Area media services will be asked to broadcast periodic updates.
LEVEL 3 GO
LEVEL 3: means”GO” evacuate now. Leave immediately! Danger to your area is current or imminent, and you should evacuate immediately. If you choose to ignore this advisement, you must understand that emergency services may not be available to assist you further. DO NOT delay leaving to gather any belongings or make efforts to protect your home. This will be the last notice you receive.
During an emergency, we make every effort to communicate current events through these methods:
- WEB: BlackButteRanch.com/fire | BBR Facebook | Twitter
- EMAIL: BBR homeowners Email BBRA@BlackButteRanch.com if you are a homeowner and not receiving the email fire updates
- PHONE: Welcome Center (General Information) 541.595.1252
- VOICE MAIL: Emergency phone message line 541.595.1502
- LINKS to current information included in the sidebar
- FLYER: Download and utilize the Just in Case BBR Emergency Plan Checklist
Please do not call the BBR Police or Fire department unless you have a personal emergency. They will be busy handling the situation.
What air power can – and can’t – do on a fire Nugget News, 8/21/17
Be alert to health effects of wildfire smoke Nugget News, 8/19/17
Staying healthy through the season of smoke, Nugget News, 9/5/17
Climate change, forest fires, and our health, Nugget News, 9/5/17