Pickleball Courts may be reserved for a maximum of two hours of play per household per day. May be reserved 1 day in advance. Call to book at 541-595-1285 or in-person at Glaze Meadow Rec. Center Desk.
GMRC Family Rec Area
GMRC Area Mon-Sat | 11am-Dusk
Big Meadow Tennis 1 (PB A&B) & Tennis 2 (PB C&D)
Near Little Meadow Mon-Sat
|Glaze Meadow Family Rec Area Pickleball Courts #1-4
||GMRC Pickleball Courts #5-12
|Big Meadow Pickleball Courts #A, B, C, D
Big Meadow Tennis 1 (PB A&B)
Big Meadow Tennis 2 (PB C&D)
Near Little Meadow
|Upper Glaze Meadow Tennis/Pickleball Courts #12 & 13
Lined for Pickleball, with tennis net
Upper Glaze Meadow Courts #12-13 (located on Triflorium); striped for pickleball & tennis use, with a tennis net. Please limit play to 1 hour if others are waiting.
Pickleball Drop-in Play
GMRC Courts # 5-12
Drop-In Play is one in which players drop in, without reservations and play other Drop-In players. It is for those individuals or groups of less than 4 to come and play with others. It provides a structure of rotating players into games and better utilizes the courts. Each session of drop-in play is different depending on the skill level of those who participate. (Drop-in play is not designed for the same players to play together for an hour or two–please make a court reservation.)
GMRC #5 – 12
All Players Drop-In Play | Mon, Wed, Fri | 8am-11am
BBR Homeowners only Drop-in Play | Tues/Thurs/Sat | 8am-11am
Courts available for reservations 11am-8pm
DROP IN PLAY GUIDELINES
- Courts # 5 and # 6 will be for drop-in play with less competitive emphasis. No paddle rack system in use, players will self-rotate
- Courts # 7- 12 will be for all other players and will use a paddle rack system to determine order of play. Drop-in games are first to 11 points, win by two.
- Paddle Rack System will be used to ensure order of play and enable all players to have access to play time especially when courts are crowded
- Winners will stay on the court and split, losers will come off the court and put their paddles in the rack.
- Players should exit the court after two games to allow others to play.
- If there are more than 8 paddles waiting, all four players should leave the court after the game is completed.
- There will be no level separation during drop-in-play. Courts will be assigned based on paddle rack order. When requested, a separate challenge court may be designated for more advanced players.
$8 for a one-hour rental from the GMRC Recreation Desk. Includes one racket and a few balls.
Pickleball Practice Machine Reservations
BBR Pickleball Owners purchased the pickleball practice machine for owners use. It is available for BBR owners who are trained in its use and storage. Reserve GMRC Court #12 and indicate the pickleball machine will be in use. Maximum use of 1 hr. a day. Can reserve 1 day in advance. Due to battery limitations a maximum of 3 different owners may reserve the machine per day.
Intro to Pickleball: Thursday 10-11am Learn stroke technique, scorekeeping, and the basics of the fastest-growing sport in the country! Ages 10+; Drop in $25/Clinic
Private, Group and Hitting Lessons available upon request.
Glaze Meadow Recreation Center at 541-595-1285 for court reservations, pickleball rentals, and lessons
BB Pickleball FAQs
Call the Tennis & Pickleball line at 541-595-1285 for additional information.
How many pickleball courts are on Black Butte Ranch (BBR) and where are the courts located?
- Courts 1-4 are located at the Glaze Meadow Family Recreation Area
- Courts 5-12 are located at the Glaze Meadow Recreation Center (GMRC)
- Upper Glaze Meadow pool area has 2 tennis courts with pickleball lines; tennis nets are used; these courts are non-reservation
How do I reserve a pickleball court for play?
- Walk-in and reserve at GMRC Desk or call (541) 595-1285
Is there equipment I can rent to play pickleball?
- Paddles and balls are available to rent at the GMRC, (541) 595-1285. Pickleball clothing and equipment are for sale in the GMRC Sports Shop.
What is Drop-In Play?
- Drop-In Play is a set time for homeowners, family members, and guests to meet others to form teams or matches with other players. It is a great way to meet other players and enjoy a fun or challenging match. Contact GMRC 541-595-1285 for times for drop-in play
After I show up for Drop-In Play, how will I know what to do?
- At each session of Drop-In Play a host will help players get organized and get play started. Balls will be provided. Players must provide their own paddles or rent paddles from the GMRC.
What is the Black Butte Ranch Pickleball Club?
- The purpose of the Club is to grow the game of Pickleball for all ages, levels, and The Club creates an environment that promotes health, social interaction, good sportsmanship, and fun. Skill and mentoring programs are continually offered to enhance organized recreational, and competitive play. The Club consists of many passionate pickleball homeowners, (full time and part-time) and their family members. The current 100 Club members range in skill level from beginners to advanced players.
- Any homeowner or homeowner family member is eligible to join the Club by simply emailing their contact information: first and last name, email address, phone number and lot number to Brody@gmail.com
Is there someone available who can help me improve my skills?
- The Black Butte Ranch Tennis and Pickleball Instructor is Evan Sims and Pickleball Instructor Dayton Mason. To schedule a pickleball lesson or sign up for his special events, call GMRC (541) 595-1285, or stop by the desk and speak to the assistant.
I’ve seen a pickleball practice machine on the court, how can I have access to it.
- A pickleball practice machine has been purchased by the Pickleball Club through donations and is available to only Club Members, for use during Club playing times and by reservation.