As nice as it would be to escape from life for a week or more, that’s sometimes just impossible. However, you can have just as much fun on a long weekend visit to Black Butte Ranch as a week-long stay. With more than 1,800 acres of resort property and countless activities just a short drive away, you won’t have trouble figuring out what to do when vacationing in Sisters, Oregon. When you’re ready to take a break from the busyness of life, pack your bags and set out on a memorable getaway.
A Checklist of Things to Do on a Pacific Northwest Escape
Sisters is the ideal location for anyone, whether you’re planning a vacation for the whole family or a trip for two. When creating your itinerary, create a mix of on and off-site adventures to fully experience all Central Oregon has to offer.
- Spend a night under the stars learning about the constellations. You can book an outing with Wanderlust Tours or join one of the stargazing events right in Big Meadow.
- Go on a self-guided tour of area waterfalls, including Linton Falls, Proxy Falls, Sahalie Falls, and Koosah Falls.
- Explore all of the spots at Black Butte Ranch that are a bit off the beaten path. See the wildflowers in bloom by Homestead Lake or make your way across Phalarope Lake’s east side to the Secret Water Trail.
- No stay at the resort is complete without playing a round at one of our award-winning golf courses.
- Make the drive to nearby Sherman to visit Wizard Falls Hatchery, where you can learn about the life cycle of fish.
- Treat yourself to pampering at the Spa at Black Butte Ranch.
- Soak in the sunshine out on the water. There are a number of watersports you can experience on Phalarope Lake, including canoeing and stand-up paddleboarding.
- Hike one of the trails found throughout the ranch or one of the incredible local trails. For breathtaking views, make your way up one of the mountain hikes found nearby, like the ones found within the Mt. Washington Wilderness.
Wherever your adventures take you, be sure to fuel up with something to eat at one of our various dining options that range from casual bites to upscale dishes.
Enjoy a Relaxing Central Oregon Retreat
When looking at what to do in Sisters, Oregon, you’ll soon realize some of the best adventures are right around the corner from Black Butte Ranch. While our resort has earned the reputation of being a top family vacation destination, we can accommodate everyone from families to couples.
Our inventory of 120 privately owned is made up of unique vacation homes in a range of sizes, styles, and budgets. This means we have something that meets your needs and wants. Call 866-901-2961 to learn more about our accommodations and special offers.