From the moment you step foot on Black Butte Ranch’s grounds, you will instantly feel at peace. Our 1,800-acre ranch is filled with tranquil nature, breathtaking scenery, and fantastic activities to keep everyone entertained. One of the top things our Sisters, Oregon, resort is known for is its world-class golf courses. Whether you’re planning a golf getaway or simply want to fit a game into your itinerary, our courses are the perfect place for a bit of friendly competition.
What to Know about Our Central Oregon Courses
The award-winning courses at Black Butte have grown in popularity over the years. Our golfer’s paradise is made up of two courses and a putting green surrounded by mountain views.
- Glaze Meadows reopened in 2012 after an extensive renovation to bring golfers an experience like no others. The new course features square tea boxes, slightly elevated greens, and deep grass-faced bunkers with five sets of tees at every hole.
- For more than 30 years, Big Meadows has been a favorite among golfers of all skill levels. The course, featuring elevated greens and expansive fairways, is integrated into the majestic mountain setting. Be sure to grab a photo of Three Fingered Jack when you reach the 14th hole.
If you’re looking to work on your skills without playing a full round of golf, check out the Little Meadow Putting Course. As the newest addition to our golf resort, this facility includes 12 hotels with lengths between 45 and 105 feet. We also offer several lessons throughout the year, so check the schedule to see if any are available during your stay.
What to Do When You Need a Break from Golf
In a recent post, the Pacific Northwest Golf Association said, “what makes golf truly special at Black Butte Ranch, though, is how rare it is for such high-level resort golf to be so accessible and affordable for families.” After playing a round of golf, enjoy quality time with your family as you check out the range of on-site and nearby activities like:
- Horseback riding through the grounds
- Taking a dip in one of our five swimming pools
- Kayaking or paddleboarding on Phalarope Lake
- Visiting a nearby waterfall, like Linton Falls
- Going on a guided cave tour with Wanderlust Tours
You’re sure to work up an appetite after checking out any of these activities, so grab a bite to eat at one of our numerous on-site dining options.
Experience All Black Butte Ranch Has to Offer
From world-class golf courses to a rejuvenating spa, Black Butte Ranch in Sisters, Oregon, has something for everyone. Our resort, situated on the sunny side of the Cascade Mountains, has provided families a place to enjoy quality time together for generations.
Browse our extensive inventory of vacation rentals to reserve the one that feels right. With 120 privately-owned properties, you can find one that has all the amenities and space you are looking for. To learn more about our rentals or how to save on your stay, call 866-901-2961.