Every inch of Black Butte Ranch’s 1,800 acres is surrounded by breathtaking Oregon beauty. From the Cascade Mountains in the background to the pines and Aspens covering the grounds, our Central Oregon setting is nothing short of picture-perfect. There are plenty of ways to disconnect and immerse yourself in nature, including hikes through the mountains found near our Sisters, Oregon, resort.
A Checklist of Oregon Mountains and Hikes
Not only are the mountain ranges near your vacation rental stunning to look at, but they are also close to great hiking locations. Some locations require wilderness permits, so be sure to look into this before arriving.
- If you’re looking for a bit of a more leisurely hike without sacrificing the views, the 3.6-mile loop at Black Butte might be what you’re looking for. This trail, open from about July through October, is a bit steep, so it’s not recommended if you’re hiking with children.
- There are a few different hikes to enjoy within the Mt. Washington Wilderness. The primary trail is the 16.6-mile Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. The trails inside this area can experience closures due to wildfires, so check the forest alerts before picking your adventure.
- Mt. Jefferson is one of the most prominent features of the High Cascades area in the Deschutes National Forest. The trails in this wilderness area range from the 12.2-mile Rockpile Lake and Mountain trail to the difficult 10.1-mile Pamelia Lake and Grizzly Peak trail.
- Those looking for a long and challenging hike should check out the South Sister Trail. Found inside the Three Sisters Wilderness, this almost 12-mile out and back trail takes you up South Sister, the third tallest mountain in Oregon.
- Make your way around Three Fingered Jack on the 21.5-mile loop trail. This trail, which is recommended for experienced hikers, features remnants of the B&B Complex fire from 2003.
Rest Easy at a Top Central Oregon Resort
After spending your day on mountain hikes near Sisters, Oregon, you deserve a bit of pampering. When you stay at Black Butte Ranch, not only will you be close to top activities, but you’ll also have access to The Spa at Black Butte Ranch. Enjoy a therapeutic massage, which will leave you feeling rested and ready for another day of adventure.
Our collection of Central Oregon vacation rentals is made up of 120 privately-owned accommodations. With so many options to choose from, you won’t have any trouble finding lodging that fits your needs and wants. Make the most out of your stay by taking advantage of the on-site activities and dining options. Call 866-901-2961 to learn more about booking your stay at our ranch and special offers.