Before you know it, school will be out for the year, and summer vacation season will be in full swing. However, you don’t have to wait until then to enjoy a fun family getaway. Spring break is the perfect time to load up the family and head to Black Butte Ranch in Oregon. This 1,800-acre ranch in Sisters and the surrounding area has everything you need to enjoy an adventure-filled escape.
3 Steps to Having a Memorable Spring Break
It can feel like everyday life is pulling everyone in your family in different directions, and something like spring break is a great time to enjoy quality uninterrupted time together. With a bit of planning, you can have a memorable experience that you’ll be talking about for years to come.
1. Reserve Your Cabin Rental
When you decide to stay at Black Butte Ranch, you have a wide selection of lodging options to choose from. This means you can find one that fits not only your needs and budget but also your wants. We have everything from more budget-friendly Lodge rooms to luxurious cabins. Take the time to browse each collection to find the right one for you. Our knowledgeable staff is here to assist you in this process, so feel free to call us at 866-901-2961 with any questions you may have.
2. Make a List of Top Things to Do
On average, the temperatures in spring range from low-30s to mid-60s, which are ideal for outdoor adventures. Creating a list of the top things you want to do while staying in Central Oregon can take some of the out guesswork of picking daily activities.
- Explore some of the 1.6 million-acre Deschutes National Forest, which is filled with a range of recreation opportunities from hiking to nature viewing.
- Try your hand at fly fishing on Phalarope Lake. You will need to purchase a fishing license ahead of time.
- Rent one of our canoes, kayaks, or stand-up paddleboards, and spend a day out on the lake.
- If you aren’t quite ready to let go of winter, you can still go skiing at HooDoo Ski Area before they close for the season in April.
- See signs of spring all around you on a hiking adventure. There are several trails both on the ranch and in nearby forests to explore, including Black Butte Lookout Trail, Sisters Tie Trail, and the Proxy Falls Trail.
- Saddle up and let professional wranglers from Black Butte Stables take you on a classic horseback ride on forested Central Oregon trails.
- Enjoy a bit of friendly competition as you tee off on one of our on-site golf courses. In addition to two courses to choose from, we also have a putting course that golfers young and old will enjoy.
- When you feel like cooling off, go for a swim in one of our five pools.
3. Let the Fun Begin
Escaping to Central Oregon is a fun and unique way to spend spring break. Your vacation rental at Black Butte Ranch not only puts you near top adventures but also gives you a comfortable place to call home. Make the most out of your getaway by taking advantage of our on-site amenities, including delicious restaurants, golf courses, and more. For more information about the ranch or how to save on your stay, call 866-901-2961.