After 2020, more and more people started realizing the importance of self-care. This concept looks different for everyone, but for some, the best way to practice self-care is by getting away. A great way to recharge your batteries is on a wellness retreat, and Oregon is the perfect destination, specifically Black Butte Ranch. Located in stunning Sisters, this 1,800-acre ranch has everything you could ever want on a healing getaway.
Top 5 Activities for Your Retreat Itinerary
Whether you call it a wellness retreat or a self-care retreat, the goal is the same: to focus on your well-being through various activities and practices. Everyone’s ideal version of this type of getaway looks different. However, by booking your retreat at our Sisters resort, you’ll be close to various spaces that will help you achieve your goal.
When creating your agenda, include a blend of relaxing and energizing activities.
- Center yourself with a healing yoga practice. We offer classes at the GMRC yoga room and outside on the lawn. These outdoor classes are offered in the summer on Thursdays from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., with outdoor barre classes occurring Fridays from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. The most current schedule can be found inside the activity guide, and you must preregister through Life.Love.Yoga’s website.
- Help your body feel rejuvenated by visiting the Spa at Black Butte Ranch. This full-service spa has a treatment menu filled with indulgent services ranging from massages to facials and more. Create your own package or select one of the thoughtfully curated options.
- Listening to the sound of rushing water can often be soothing, and a fantastic way to experience this is by visiting waterfalls. There are several options near the resort, including the Sahalie Falls and Koosah Falls, and Proxy Falls.
- Disconnect from technology for a while letting the sounds of nature be your soundtrack. Lace up your hiking boots and hit up one of the several nearby mountain trails. The physical effort to reach the top of trails like the ones inside Mt. Washington Wilderness or the loop at Black Butte is worth it to enjoy panoramic views.
- Soak in the sunshine, and its health benefits, while out on Phalarope Lake. The calm waters are the perfect place for a variety of water activities, including canoeing, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding. You can rent all the necessary equipment from the Lakeside Pool.
Feel Rejuvenated with a Stay at Black Butte Ranch
When you plan a wellness retreat to Black Butte Ranch, one of the top resorts in Central Oregon, you are giving yourself permission to enjoy the slower pace of life. You’ll instantly feel at peace the minute you arrive.
You have countless vacation rentals to choose from, which means you can find one that fits your group’s size and budget. No matter which option you choose, you’ll have a cozy place to call home. To learn more about our resort, on-site amenities and dining options, or special offers, call 866-901-2961.