The start of a new year marks the perfect time to start planning memorable getaways with the family. Whether you’re starting to plan your spring break escape or an adventure-filled summer, there’s no better destination than Black Butte Ranch. Our sprawling resort in Sisters is close to the best things to do with kids in Central Oregon, which means lifelong memories are just around the corner.
What to Do on a Family Vacation
No matter the age of your children, there’s no shortage of things to do in and around our Sisters resort that’ll pique their interest. With so much to do and see, there’s always something new to discover, regardless if this is your first or fifth time staying with us.
- Those visiting us during the summer can take advantage of our special activities. We offer day camp Monday through Friday, as well as interactive classes and workshops. Check back for updates as we plan this upcoming season’s activities.
- Stay up late during the summer and early fall to join our stargazing and moon-gazing events on the lawn in Big Meadow. For more information about stargazing opportunities, check out our blog about this activity.
- See who can play the best round at one of our world-class golf courses. Break off into teams, and the losing group has to do the dishes that night.
- Disconnect from technology and enjoy quality time together while exploring one of the nearby hiking trails. A fantastic option for those visiting with children is the Sahalie Falls and Koosah Falls Trail.
- If you’re already looking ahead to next winter’s escape, be sure to give yourself plenty of time to have fun at HooDoo Ski Area. Go skiing, snowboarding, or tubing at this popular attraction.
- Take in panoramic views from the Dee Wright Observatory, which is found atop the McKenzie Pass.
- Enjoy our incredible variety of on-site activities, including horseback riding, biking, water activities, and more.
Start Planning Your Memorable Oregon Getaway Today
Popular vacation seasons will be here before you know it, so now is the perfect time to reserve your stay at Black Butte Ranch. Enjoy endless laughs as you discover fun things to do with your kids in Central Oregon.
Let the good times continue in the comfort of your private vacation rental. Cook a delicious meal together before settling in for a movie or game night. If you’d rather leave the cooking to someone else, dine at one of our phenomenal restaurants. Be sure to visit our new lodge restaurant and event space, opening Summer 2023. Learn more about booking your family vacation with us or how to save on your stay by calling 866-901-2961.