A huge, Hollywood-worthy wedding isn’t appealing to everyone. While some people fawn over Say Yes to the Dress, others just want to avoid a Bride Wars situation. When you get married at Black Butte Ranch, you can have all the beauty of an expensive wedding—without the bank-breaking stress of 100-plus guests. Our gorgeous outdoor and indoor small wedding venues in Oregon are just right for couples who want an intimate wedding from October through May. Here’s everything you need to know about having an Oregon elopement.
Intimate Weddings and Elopement Packages in Oregon
The Oregon elopement season runs through fall, winter, and spring, so you have plenty of options for timing. There are a couple different ways to elope here through these inclusive Black Butte Ranch wedding packages.
Just the Couple
For a classic elopement experience, tie the knot with the two people who matter most: you and your spouse-to-be. Our two-person elopement packages in Oregon are affordable, yet the venues are breathtakingly romantic. An elopement is still a wedding, and you deserve nothing short of stunning for your special day. We’ll provide the most romantic small wedding venues in Oregon, sparkling wine, a dinner reservation, and, for an additional cost, custom flowers, witnesses, and an officiant.
Up to 15 Guests
If you want to keep your Bend, Oregon, wedding small and private but still include your closest friends and family, our intimate ceremony package is perfect for you. We’ll provide the officiant, witnesses, professional wedding coordinator, dinner reservation, $200 dinner credit, sparkling wine, flowers, cake, bridal lounge, and the best small wedding venue in Oregon. All you need to bring is up to 15 guests and your vows!
Complete Oregon Elopement Checklist
Although many elopements are impromptu, a little planning can go a long way. When you have your Oregon elopement at Black Butte Ranch, most of the details are taken care of by our professional staff. However, there are still a few things for you to think about. From telling your family to saying “I do,” here is an easy elopement checklist to keep your day stress-free and effortless.
- Figure out the legal details ASAP. If you are looking to have a spontaneous elopement, you will need to obtain a Deschutes County marriage license no less than 3 days before your elopement date.
- Will you hire a photographer or use your own camera? An intimate wedding might not be as over-the-top as others, but it’s still a momentous occasion that deserves to be captured. So, if you would like, Black Butte Ranch can recommend local photographers.
- Decide on clothing. Will you wear a traditional white dress or tuxedo? Or will you wear your favorite outfit in your closet? The beauty of an Oregon elopement is that you can choose whatever you want.
- Do you want wedding bands? Although rings are optional, they’re a symbolic tradition with a powerful meaning. You don’t have to shell out thousands; check with local artists or even on Etsy to find something unique and affordable.
- Will you do your own hair and makeup? The Spa at Black Butte Ranch has an entire menu of bridal services so that you can get your hair done right on site.
- Consider sending marriage announcements. Those who know that you are engaged might wonder what happened when they never receive a save-the-date. An announcement with photos from your special day allows those who care about you to stay in the loop.
Did Someone Say “Honeymoon?”
One of the primary motivators for Oregon elopements is saving money. Having an intimate wedding leaves more cash for your honeymoon; we’ll help you plan that, too! From couples massages to horseback riding for two, your post-elopement celebration will be the most romantic time of your life. For more information, call 855-257-8286.