4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION
The 4th of July has always been a special time at the Ranch, to gather with Family and Friends, and to celebrate our Nation’s Independence. This 4th of July we invite you to show your patriotism while maintaining Social Distance around the Ranch.
Some fun, UNorganized, activities happening around the Ranch this year:
Kids Bike Decorating Contest*
in lieu of our traditional Bike Parade we will be having a Bike Decorating Contest. The overall winner will be announced the week of July 6th.
- Bike Decorating Kits available at LAC or GMRC | $4
- Take a picture of your decorated bike, email us and/or post it on social media between July 4th & 5th
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to Instagram = @blackbutteranch
- Post to Facebook = Black Butte Ranch – There is a Place
- When posting to social media please make sure to include #blackbutteranch, #BBRPhotoContest2020
- This contest is organized by Black Butte Ranch and is not associated with Facebook, Instagram, or their partners. By submitting your photo you are allowing BBR permission to post on our social platforms.
Family Fun Run | Walk*
- 8-11am | Self-Start Anytime | Not Timed or Monitored | Free
- 3.5 mile Big Meadow Loop will be marked with start & finish lines at LAC
- Complete a waiver if you plan to run | available at GMRC or LAC
Air Force Flyover
- 11:05am Stand outside and wave or salute as the Air Force flies over the Ranch in a tribute to our servicemen and women.
Uncle Sam Visit*
- Around 11am you might see Uncle Sam driving his decorated car between GMRC and the Lodge, honking his horn as he celebrates the 4th of July. Feel free to join behind him in your own car or wave from your drive way. Just remember to honk your horn, too!!
Salute to our Veterans and Active-Duty Military*
- Around 12pm we will pay tribute to the U.S. service members who have put on the uniform and taken the oath | Lodge
To-Go Holiday Picnic*
- Noon-2pm | pick up your To-Go Holiday Picnic | Lodge Deck
- $12.00 per person includes a Hamburger or Hot Dog, Cole Slaw, Cookie, Watermelon and Non-Alcoholic beverage
- Explore the Ranch and enjoy your picnic on the Lodge Event Lawn, Recreation Lawn, Sports Field or Paulina Springs
Live Music with Julie Southwell & Friends*
- 5-8pm | LAC Lawn | Free
- Pick-up a pizza from the Bistro or bring your own dinner and blanket to enjoy live music. Please be mindful of physical distancing between groups.
Two Independence Sidewalk Sales*
- Friday-Sunday, July 3rd-5th | 8:30am-7pm | Glaze Meadow Sports Shop
- Saturday & Sunday, July 4 & 5 | 9am-3pm | Big Meadow Golf Course
- Come by and see some of the Ranch’s 50th Anniversary Merchandise
*Please be respectful of others, do not congregate in one place and practice social distancing. Don’t forget your face covering!
Big Meadow Putting Course Update
The Little Meadow Putting Course will open later this summer