Golf can be the most solitary of games, often played as much between the ears as on the course. But golf is also typically best shared, making the game a paradox of sorts.
Those who prefer their golf with a little companionship will be in luck in August at Black Butte Ranch, which will host a slew of golf events and learning programs in the month ahead that double as special bonding opportunities.
This includes Black Butte Ranch’s Adult/Child Three-Day Golf Schools, which are open to golfers of all abilities and are designed for a young golfer to share the learning experience with a parent.
With three sessions in August (Aug. 2-4, Aug. 9-11, Aug. 16-18), the Adult/Child Schools representing a chance to spend some quality time with the kids before they head back to school. From 9-11 a.m. each day one parent and one child will learn the fundamentals of the game together. And to finish the school, both parent and child get to share a round of golf and apply what they’ve learned.
Of course, golf is a wonderful game to share with friends, too. Which is exactly why Black Butte Ranch created the Black Butte Ranch Invitational. Scheduled for Aug. 18-20, the Black Butte Invitational is a two-person team tournament that features three fun-filled days of events. The events include a Friday night horse race, a two-round team tournament (a first-round best ball at Glaze Meadow and final-round scramble at Big Meadow), and a best ball putting tournament.
Off the course, golfers will be treated a wine and cheese social, “Dinner on the Deck,” and Sunday lunch, in addition to continental breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday. Divisions for both men and women include gross and net prize payouts. Invite your playing partner, or pull together a group of friends to make several teams and compete against each other.
For more information on how to register for the Adult/Child Three-Day Golf School or to take a lesson from any of our Black Butte Ranch instructors, visit our lessons page or call 541-595-1294 to sign up. The link also includes a calendar of Black Butte Ranch’s golf schools, clinics and camps.
Fill out registration form online for the Black Butte Invitational. For more information or to build a customized trip or for more information about Black Butte Ranch’s Signature Golf Events, contact Group Sales Manager Ryan Dunning at 541-595-1292 or GolfGroups@BlackButteRanch.com.
ALSO IN AUGUST
- Black Butte Ranch’s peak season golf special will continue through Aug. 15. Before 7:30 a.m. or from noon to 2 p.m., golfers are invited to play either Big Meadow or Glaze Meadow for just $64. The price drops to $59 after 2 p.m. Our primetime rates are $79 per golfer.
- The two-day 100-yards-and-in clinic (Aug. 5-6, Aug. 12-13, Aug. 19-20, Aug. 26-27) continue through August. The clinic focuses on solely on the short game, which is the quickest way to shave strokes.
- Every Thursday through August, Glaze Meadow’s practice putting green will host the Junior Putting Challenge. The fun events will begin at 3:30 p.m. every Thursday and include divisions for youngsters age 6- to 9-years-old (nine holes), 10-14 years old (18 holes) and 15-17 years old (18 holes). Cost is just $5 and includes golf balls and ice cream. Immediately after, the staff at Black Butte Ranch will offer SNAG Golf, perhaps the most enjoyable way to introduce kids to the game.
- Our popular three-day junior golf camps (Aug. 1-3, Aug. 8-10, Aug. 15-17, Aug. 22-24) are a great place for kids to sharpen their skills. The Ranch tailors instruction to the age and abilities of each student, with a 1½-hour program for kids age 6 to 9 and a 2½-hour program for kids age 10 to 17. Each class size is limited to 15 golfers, which allows for plenty of attention from Black Butte Ranch’s staff of golf professionals.
- Black Butte Ranch will hold another Vino Thursday event of the season on Thursday, Aug. 31, from 5-7 p.m. The event, held on the Big Meadow driving range, is a great way to meet up with friends, enjoy a great glass of wine, and meet Black Butte Ranch’s golf professionals. And enter the putting skills challenge for a chance to win a BBR gift certificate. To sign up, call 541-595-1500 or stop by the Big Meadow pro shop.
- The Oregon Golf Association will be returning to Black Butte Ranch. From Aug. 26-29, the Oregon Golf Association Oregon Amateur Four-Ball will tee off at Big Meadow with golfers from across the state.
Not to be forgotten, Eclipse Day is Aug. 21, and Black Butte Ranch is hosting all sorts of fun events and activities to celebrate the ever-so-rare event.