There is no shortage of beautiful scenery to take in while embarking on central Oregon adventures. From exhilarating white water rafting to relaxing kayaking to peddling area bike trails, Sisters is home to a wide variety of activities that’ll immerse you in nature. Not only is Black Butte Ranch the perfect place to unwind after exploring the area, but our 1,800 acres are also filled with activities to enjoy. Take in the beauty of seven Cascade peaks while breathing in the crisp mountain air as you explore some spots on the ranch that are a little off the beaten path.
The Top Spots at Black Butte to Explore
While staying at our Sisters ranch, you’ll have the chance to try various outdoor activities like fishing, horseback riding, rock climbing, and more. One thing to keep in mind, if you are planning to enjoy catch and release fly fishing, you will need to purchase a fishing license.
If you want a bit of peace while surrounding yourself in nature, visit some of these locations at Black Butte that are ideal for a moment of calm.
- Follow the winding bike path through Aspen Home, Black Butte, and Ridge Cabin sections of the property to Aspen Lake.
- Keep an eye out for an osprey or bald eagle flying above as you walk along Phalarope Lake from the Lodge to Big Meadow. You could even get a glimpse of otters playing in the waters.
- Watch the sunset over the Cascade mountains from the Aspen Deck Lounge, which can be found on the third floor of the Lodge.
- Enjoy a moment of tranquility at Big Meadow Bench, found off the nature trail.
- Don’t forget to learn about the mountain peak names and elevation at the Mountain Compass. This locator is by the Lodge firepit and is a compass-style monument that offers a visual navigation guide.
Before setting off on your exploration, stop by The General Store to grab sandwiches for a picnic lunch.
Explore All Black Butte Ranch Has to Offer
There’s nothing like being able to unplug and unwind from everyday life. Black Butte Ranch is the perfect place for anyone looking to recharge while being surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Spend the days embarking on adventures around our central Oregon ranch and the nights dining at one of our on-site restaurants. Enjoy cozy accommodations that offer all the comforts of home while offering stunning views. To learn more about current special offers or booking your stay, please call 866-901-2961.