Lakeside is Open
We broke ground on September 1 on this exciting development and we wanted to take a moment to thank the seven members of the Development Team, THA Architecture, Walker Macy Landscape Design and Kirby Nagelhout Construction Company for the work they have done to get us to this point. This was a truly collaborative process and we are pleased that we have a project and a design that will exceed our expectations. Thanks also to the fabulous BBR Community for all of the support to make this happen.
The Lakeside project includes
- A new pool that will be open May through October
- A new outdoor hot tub, open year round
- A new bistro, open year round with the most spectacular views in Central Oregon; great
- Outdoor dining and poolside service
- New and improved locker rooms
- New cardio-focused fitness facility
- New recreation center and playground, located in the ‘heart’ and away from residential areas
The new Lakeside facilities will open for business
on Saturday, June 27, 2015
HOURS OF OPERATION
The east side of the Lakeside Bistro will be open to the public. Access to the Lakeside pool will be restricted to owners and registered guests. Stop by or contact the Welcome Center for to register.
- The pool is nine feet deep in the deep end, has a shallow wading area and features four – 25 yd lanes for lap swimming
- The locker rooms have no walls that go to the ceiling
- The bistro has a bar that is open to pool guests and to the public… but you can’t move from one area to the other
- Bistro menu will feature daily fresh pastries, espresso, fresh salads, pizzas, pasta and an assortment of to-go items.
- There are two fire pits, an indoor / outdoor fireplace and three built in patio heaters for outside dining
- The Activity Center features a ‘Family Rec Room’ and a craft area for classes
Check our Construction Webcam to check the progress.
A significant amount of activity will take place in the early phases of this project. Here is some key information to help you navigate the construction process in the Lodge.
HOURS OF CONSTRUCTION
Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm
This schedule may reduce as the project moves along
NOISE & CONSTRUCTION TRAFFIC
The first 45 days of the project will be the noisiest as there will be significant heavy equipment, demolition work and the hauling of materials. Please use caution when driving through the Lodge area.
Due to the need to follow explicit safety requirements, the construction site will be off limits to non-authorized personnel. Please refrain from entering the site unless specifically granted permission to do so. Rules for hard hats and safety vests will be strictly enforced.
We will retain half of the main Lodge parking lot for the first 45 days of the project. We will also create additional parking spaces adjacent to the overflow parking lot north of Hawks Beard. As the project progresses, we will update the community on parking plans to deal with the winter weather.
CONSTRUCTION SITE ETIQUETTE
It is important that the contractors are allowed to work uninterrupted. Please refrain from entering the site or directing questions to the contractors. On the back page of this newsletter is a list of key members of the project team.
We will be updating this Lodge Area Redevelopment page frequently. We will also update the community through social media posts on Facebook and Twitter; be sure to follow us if you don’t already.
Facebook.com/BlackButteRanch | Twitter.com/BlackButteRanch
LODGE HOURS OF OPERATION
The Lodge will remain open during construction until January 5th, when it will close down to complete the ADA accessibility and main deck renovations. The Lodge will move to winter operating hours in mid-October. Robert’s Pub will be open for service while the Lodge is closed.
August 25th Contractors begin staging equipment near overflow parking lot
August 31st Last day of operations for the Lodge Pool and Lakeside Bistro.
September 1st Ranch staff prepare the buildings for demolition
September 2nd Construction begins with demolition and site work
October 1st Lodge Restaurant operations move to winter hours – open Wednesday-Sunday
January 5th Lodge Restaurant closes for ADA improvements; Robert’s Pub opens for service
June 2015 Construction complete
Who’s Who & Contact Information
Architect & Interior Design THA Architecture Portland, OR
General Contractor Kirby Nagelhout Construction Co. Bend, OR
Landscaping Architect Walker Macy Portland, OR